"No!" He whined. "No no no. I will not have it. What is the real reason you are doing this?" He asked me again, leaning on the marble pillar looking at his nails. He raised his hand to where he could see it as he glared into my eyes with a smirk.
"I don't understand. I already told you." My hand started shaking and I felt heat inch up my face. "If it's the only way I could protect those people, of course I would do anything to save them. It's the right thing to do." I tried again to free myself, but every time I moved, the ropes drew more blood. The harder I breathed, the more conscious I became of the blade at my neck.
He rolled his eyes and went back to examining his nails. After a long sigh he deserted his pillar and started walking lazily towards me."Oh please. You expect me to think that the only reason why you are doing this is solely because it's 'the right thing to do'? That's lame!" Exasperated, he threw his hand into the air. His pace quickened towards me. A single trickle of blood crawled down my neck. He smirked. "Is it because of your love who lives in the city? Can't let her be destroyed, now can you? Is it because you need to protect your family or their honor? Is it because you have some dramatic and terribly awful childhood, or saw some horrible things, and feel the need to get revenge? Are you desperate to fit in? To have fame? To be known for something good? Oh, come now! I'm bored. I want my monologue. It's not the villain's turn this time." He leaned into my face and read my soul through those crystal blue eyes. "It's yours."
No comments:
Post a Comment