Friday, June 1, 2012

Musings... is this what it could be like?

Alexis:

Me? No. I've never been romantic. I've never felt the want to listen to the love songs. I hated them. They were pointless. They were disappointing and impossible. Especially for me. Why sing about something that is impossible and degrading?

But something changed that night. Something I'm not sure I was ready to change, nor pressed for it to, and that scared me. But I started living a love song. I started the dancing in the clouds and the fireworks. And something burned in my gut that did not make sense. But something more subtle was the feeling that grew in my heart. It was genuine and purer than I thought possible. Just for that one person. It became clear after the muddle, but I was scared when that muddle came back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment